There is a silent war going on during MindSpark.
Every event won is but a stepping stone, a battle won which will help win the ultimate war, the war for glory, the war for ascendancy, the war for supremacy, the war to become the undisputed champion- the winner of the ultimate prize there is- the MindSpark Technical Championship.
One of the most coveted events in the country today, the Technical Championship is a battle of nerves where the ones who work as a team, work methodically, pool their resources effectively and apply their technical acumen, succeed.
There is simply no giving up..
The stakes can never e this high..
Harden your hearts, steel your nerves, put the pedal to the metal..
Get ready for the most enthralling technical war ever..
THE TECHNICAL CHAMPIONSHIP!
Gaurav Kurve – +91 85548 61369
1. What is the team structure?
Team may consist of at most 3 members. Members can be from same or different institutes and academic years. Team once formed will be final and the same for all the rounds. No person may be a part of multiple teams for this event.
2. What things are the participants expected to bring?
College ID cards and Receipts of registration. Also, a copy of the synopsis.
3. What prior knowledge is required for participation?
Participants are expected to be comfortable with at least one programming language. Depending on the solution the participants may require additional skill set like image processing or hardware interfacing etc.
4. Which IDE (Integrated Development Environment) will be provided?
Because we don’t want to restrict the imagination, participants will be free to choose their own IDE and platforms. They will have to inform us about the same at the time of submitting the synopsis. Any proprietary software that is not easily available should be provided to the MindSpark team before hand.
5. How many rounds will be there?
Two rounds will be conducted. (Elimination by screening of synopsis and Development.)
6. Can I participate alone?
Yes, you can participate alone but the registration fees will remain the same.
7. How many computers will be given?
Each team will be given 2 computer systems to work on and both will be having an Internet connection.
8. Will I be provided with any hardware if needed?
No. If the solution demands the use of hardware like FingerPrint Scanner, Webcam etc., the team will have to arrange for it themselves.
1. Students from any year undergraduate recognized educational institutes/universities can participate in Codeville. Only undergraduate students can participate.
2. Participants have to bring their valid College ID cards and the registration receipt during reporting.
3. Participants are expected to give their correct contact details, as team MindSpark will be in contact with them through provided contacts.
4. All the decisions of organizers on any questions, disputes or results will be final, binding and irreversible.
5.Note that rules may be changed without prior intimation. Participants are requested to check the MindSpark website regularly for updates.
6. Coding can only be performed on campus during the event. Usage of any previous stored program segments will be considered illegal.
7. If platform chosen is not open source, it is the duty of the participants to provide the organizers with a copy of the software before the event.
8. Participants are also allowed to implement their own idea to develop a working software model, but the restriction is participant’s idea should relate to the theme “Evolution”. If the synopsis of own idea submitted by the participants is rejected, they can submit the synopsis for one of the problem statements given by organizers.
Can I send paper for two or more number of themes?
A: Yes, you can. But for that you have to register that much number of times.
I am a student of a different engineering stream. Can I still participate in this PPT?
A: Yes, you can. There is no restriction on branch and years of team members.
How will you judge the papers?
- Innovativeness of the topic under a particular theme will be given credit.
- Original contribution to the paper will be appreciated.
- Only pure technical papers would be considered for short listing.
- Use your discretion to judge whether your topic fits into the chosen theme.
- Opening paragraph of abstract should state the link between the paper topic and the theme chosen.
Can I change the paper after I have been selected for the finals?
A: Yes, a deadline will be given for that. But for that consent will have to be taken from us in form of an e-mail prior to any changes.
Is an M Tech student eligible to take part?
A: All engineering students with a valid identity card of their respective educational institutes are eligible to participate in paper presentation competition. M.Tech. students are not allowed to take part.
How much time will be allotted to present?
A: The allotted for each team is 10 + 2 minutes. After 10 mins a warning bell will ring and after 2 mins a final bell will ring. There will be negative marking in case of time violation.