This fast-paced treasure hunt literally takes you out onto the streets and hunting for answers. Participants will have to solve a series of puzzles that take you all over the city of Pune. Race against time as we test your cunning and ingenuity. Each clue brings you a step closer to the finish line. Be among the first to crack all the puzzles and get a chance to attempt the final challenge. Street-smartness and an agile mind is the only way to win this Amazing Race!
- The Event will be monitored by the Amazing Race Team. The team has complete discretion in formulating and applying all rules and penalties. These rules may be modified or altered at the discretion of the Amazing Race Team if required.
- The Participants are expected to follow all the rules and regulations laid by the Motor Vehicles Act. Violations will result in disqualification of the team.
- The course will include mandatory checkpoints and sections which may be modified at any time before or during the race.
- The finale of the Race is on foot and vehicles will not be permitted.
- Only on producing a valid permanent driving license and insurance(for those using private vehicle) will the team be permitted to take part.
- The Amazing Race Team reserves the right to impose time penalties or to disqualify teams for conduct in violation of any of these rules and contrary to the best interest of the Race. The decisions of the Amazing Race Team are final.
- Failure of any team member or a team, to immediately and respectfully comply with any direction or decision of a Race Coordinator will result in disqualification of the team.
- Every Team will have to pass through all the checkpoints in the prescribed sequence only. Failing to do so will lead to disqualification.
- The time once recorded by the Race Volunteers will be final. Any arguments with respect to the recorded time will lead to disqualification.
- Physical damage or irresponsible handling such as tearing in part or more of the checkpoint list will lead to disqualification.
- Any action by the team that degrades, deteriorates or damages the environment of the race will lead to disqualification.
- If the team is spotted littering or throwing garbage along the way of the race, altering or tampering unnecessarily with any of the natural surroundings for any reason whatsoever, it will lead to disqualification of the team.
- No outside (i.e. non –team) support is allowed between the start and finish lines of the race. Only the participating team members are allowed in any official race area.
- The Amazing Race Team has the rights to disqualify any team on grounds of indiscipline or indecent behaviour or any such action that is detrimental to the conduct of the race.
- If any information provided by the team is found to be false or incorrect, the team will be disqualified.
- Consumption or possession of alcohol, tobacco cigarettes or any banned substances will lead to instant disqualification.
- Teams must make reasonable assumptions and decisions with regard to the direction of the course.
- Race Coordinators reserve the right to prohibit a competitor from starting or finishing any segment of the Race on medical grounds. Any such decision of the Race committee is final.
- No person can be a part of multiple teams for this event.
- All decisions given by the Race coordinators will be final and binding on all the participants. Arguments will not be entertained and will lead to disqualification of the team even if the race is over and the result is yet to be announced.
1. Who can participate?
Anyone can participate in this event. It will be open for all. You need not have a lot of technical knowledge to complete the tasks.
2. Do I require a vehicle?
Not necessarily. But the teams on vehicles may have an added advantage over the others.
3. What is the schedule of the event?
The elimination rounds are spread over the morning and afternoon of the first 2 days and the finale will take place in the evening of the 2nd day.
4. What is the team structure and registration fees?
Team should comprise of 2 members and the fees is Rs100/ team.
5. Will all tasks be engineering based?
Some of the tasks would be based on only the basics of all the branches in engineering.
6. My knowledge about the city is not good. Can I still participate?
Yes, you surely can. You will be provided with a customized map of the city.
7. Any other information?
A digital camera is a must for all teams. Mobile cameras will also do. Some of the tasks require you to submit a photographs or videos to us.
8. Can I participate in other events in MindSpark along with Amazing Race?
Amazing Race will take two full days to complete. Organizers will not take any responsibility of clashes with the participants’ schedule.
+91 99757 13694
+91 99755 11905
Participants role-play as diplomats representing a nation in a simulated session of the United Nations. Participants need to research their country, investigate international issues, debate, deliberate, consult and finally pass a resolution on a global issue. Communication and critical thinking skills are a must in order to represent the policies of a country and emerge as the best delegation.
1. I don’t know what rules of conduct are expected to be followed. What do I do?The rules of conduct are available in the download tab. In general, you are expected to be formal in your behaviour.2. Is there any particular dress code expeced?Delegates are expected to dress formally. Either western business formals or the national dress of the country assigned to you are expected to be worn.3. Can I take part in other events in MindSpark too?The event will last one full day, for the length of the day. delegates are expected to balance their schedule on their own. No concessions will be made by the organizing team.4. Is there any way to change the nation I have been assigned?Assignment of nation is done randomly for the purpose of fairness. No changes will be made.5. I have no previous experience in this event. What will be expected of me?The rules of conduct clearly state how each delegate will be expected to behave. The structure of the event defines how the event will be conducted. On the whole, not to worry! There are always first timers. Spend some time researching your nation, and preparing your stance.6. Are on the spot registrations allowed?No, registrations must be done atleast two weeks prior to the event. This is because delegate nations must be assigned to the delegates beforehand. It also allows for proper preparation and research time for the event.7. Will there be any provisions for outstation delegates?Yes, you can contact our hospitality department. A room will be provided in the college hostel at nominal charges.
- The event will be conducted on a single day during MindSpark. It will consist of three councils functioning simultaneously. Delegates are expected to arrive half-hour before the commencement of the event.
- Each delegate nation will consist of one delegate only. They will act individually.
- Delegates will be assigned a nation and a council by random selection, two weeks prior to the event. The agenda for the council will also be given at that time.
- Delegates should learn as much as possible about the country they will be representing; both in general and in relation to the topics they will be discussing.
- Delegates should familiarize themselves with the rules of formal debate, parliamentary procedure , and the proper format for a resolution.
- Once a delegate is given a nation, no changes will be made. The assignment is final.
- Delegates must adhere to the rules of conduct at all times. Decisions taken by the organizers and the judges are final and will be binding to all.
- No delegate may be a part of multiple delegations for this event.
- Rules may be changed without prior intimation. delegates are requested to check the MindSpark website for updates.
+91 90289 08616
Sorry! Registrations are closed.
Learn the inner workings of the share bazaar and broker your way up the money ladder. You must be confident, quick and alert as you test your marketing skills. Experience the thrill of the stock market- the thrill of taking the world by storm!
- There are 10 sectors.
- At the start of the event there will be plenty of shares in each sector.
- Starting virtual money given to you will be INR 5000 only.
- At any instance participant can have shares of any number of sectors.
- There are total 3 rounds where they will have to do all transactions like managing virtual money, selling and buying of shares.
- Second round will be elimination round. Number of participants going to round three will depend upon the total number of participants.
- Every participant will be given a paper sheet on which the transactions are to be mentioned before entering the transaction floor. It is mandatory to fill the ‘Transaction sheet’. The transactions cannot be altered after entering the floor.
- No disclosure in terms of enquiry for methods of changes in prices of shares would be entertained.
- Be prepared to EVOLVE at any point of time during the event.
a. What is Bull Run?
Bull Run is basically a virtual stock market and like a stock market the participant buys shares and invests.
b. Who all can participate in this event?
Any person who is keen on testing his market skills or is interested in playing with shares or just wants to experience a stock market environment can participate in the event.
c. Should I have deep knowledge of Share Bazaar or Stock Market for playing this game?
Not at all. You only need to interpret the given NEWS logically and be confident, alert and quick in making decisions.
d. How should I decide to buy or sell the shares?
You just have to interpret the flashing NEWS very logically and relate it with its effect on the costs of shares. Also, you have to interpret the relative effect of one share on other.
e. How do I buy or sell the shares?
A transaction sheet will be provided to you at the start of the round. NEWS would be projected on a large screen outside the transaction floor. You have to fill the ‘Transaction Sheet’ depending upon the news. The sheet would be stamped by the coordinator.
Then you submit the sheet to the volunteer who would be handling your transactions on a computer on the Bull Run software. You have to check the transactions on screen of the software.
Only after assuring you that the transactions made in the software are as per those mentioned on the sheet, the volunteer would feed the data to the software.
f. Can I make a changes in the transactions more than once in a session?
In one session only one transaction is allowed. A transaction once made cannot be altered.
g. What if my ‘Transaction sheet’ is lost?
You have to take maximum care of the ‘Transaction sheet’. If lost, it would lead to your disqualification.
+91 95273 10484
Capture the triumph, exuberance, energy, tension, the hard work and the efforts that go into making MindSpark. Capture the moments that define MindSpark. ‘Flash’ tests not only your creative prowess but also how observant you are and your presence of mind. Click photographs or compile videos of everything and anything during MindSpark. The most innovative collection will get a chance to be presented at the Valedictory ceremony on the final night!
1. You need to bring your own laptop, camera, camcorder, mobile or any other accessory you need during the event.
2. You will be given only software and technical help regarding the use of KdenLive during Mindspark.
3. The participants must report to the event head or the Coordinator every morning to validate their presence on that day of MindSpark.
4. The software used for editing the videos will be KdenLive and will be provided to the participants.
5. Participant/s is allowed to participate in more than one category (mobile/photography/video) for this event.
6. The participant may share his / her photos as long as the acknowledgement / copyright notice is kept intact.
7. The event head / Coordinators have the right to deny the participant from participating in the event if he feels the above mentioned rules have hampered by the participant.
8. The decision of the judges will be final and binding to all.
9. Each team may consist of maximum two participants. Participants may be from same or different institutes. No person may be a part of multiple teams for this event. Only undergraduate students can participate.
9. Rules may be changed without prior intimation. Participants are requested check the MindSpark website for updates.
1. Which software will be used?
KdenLive on Linux Ubuntu.
2. I don’t know Linux or the software. How will I be able to use it?
Knowledge of neither Linux nor KdenLive is required. The software’s will be pre-installed on the system. A half an hour tutorial will be given on the use of the software.
3. Do I have to get my own camera?
Yes you have to get your own camera.
4. Do I need to bring my own laptop?
Yes, you need to bring your own laptop for compiling.
5. Can I download contents from the Internet or borrow photos from my friend?
Yes you can. However due credit / acknowledgement must be given to the source of the images / videos.
6. Can I start taking photos early?
Yes you can start taking photos which can cover the preparation of MindSpark. Such photos will add to the beauty of videos, biasing the decision of the judge.
7. I missed the first day can I start from the second day?
Yes you can even start 2 hours before the compilation event starts. The collection of recourses for this has no finite time limit.
8. Can I participate at the same time in two categories ?
Yes you can participate in two categories simultaneously. For e.g. one can participate in mobile photo and video category as well as professional photo category.
9. I use mobile having camera 8 MP and my partner having mobile of camera 12 MP, so in which category our mobiles will be counted?
Your 8 MP camera will compete in mobile photo and video category. And your partners 12 MP camera’ photo will compete for professional photo category. It will be your decision whether to go with 8 MP or 12 MP camera mobile.
10. If my mobile is capable of recording 720p video, will it be counted in professional category?
Yes, it will be counted in professional video category.
+91 94037 50784
Play with the 9 natural numbers. Challenge your concentration and analytical skills, try all the permutations and combinations. Rack your brains! To complete a 9×9 matrix and experience how numbers can give you an adrenaline rush (apart from the time of mathematics exams!). This is what ‘Sudoku’ is all about.
Standard rules of Sudoku apply. Additional rules will be explained as and when required during the course of the event.
The event will be conducted in batches. The batch timings will be decided by the organizers and informed to the participants ahead of time.
Q. Is this the same as the Sudoku I solve in the morning papers?
A. Mostly, but there might be a few surprises that will explained during the event.
Q. What happens if I get a slot that I can’t manage to attend?
A. Let us know immediately. We’ll work something out.
+91 90282 10600
DATE: 6 / 10 / 2012DAY: SATURDAYREPORTING TIME: 10 a.mVENUE: IN FRONT OF CENTRAL LIBRARYREGISTRATION FEES: Rs.50/- PER TEAMTEAM LIMIT: 1 TO 4 MEMBERS PER TEAMEVENT FORMAT:
- ROUND-1 ( ELIMINATION ROUND):
- PREPARE YOUR OWN MAD-ADS ACT OF NOT MORE THAN 5 MINUTES.
- ROUND-2 (ON THE SPOT ROUND):
- TOPICS WILL BE GIVEN ON THE SPOT.
- THE REQUIRED PREPARATION TIME FOR THE SAME WILL ALSO BE GIVEN.
- PREPARATION TIME- 45 MINS.
- NO VULGARITY WILL BE ENTERTAINED.
- DIRECT ADDRESSING TO PUBLIC FIGURES( POLITICIANS, ACTORS ETC) , RENOWNED INSTITUTES, RELIGION ETC IS STRICTLY NOT ALLOWED.
- USE OF PROPS,POSTERS ETC TO ENHANCE THE ACT IS ALLOWED.
- DO NOT EXCEED THE GIVEN TIME LIMIT.
FOR MORE INFO CONTACT:
- RITUJA RANE : +91 94050 16035
- APURVA DESHMUKH : +91 95796 66208
- SUSHANT SHINDE: +91 97639 37578