A single word in a search engine gets you millions of results…
But do you know Google well enough to narrow down your search and optimise your findings?
The Devil’s in the detail in this event…as it challenges you to showcase your prowess in using the worlds most popular search engine, to get exactly what we want.
1) This competition is to find answers on GOOGLE. Starting from the Google homepage teams have to find answers to questions. A team of at max 2 members is allowed.
2) There will be 2 set of rounds and 3 winners will be declared daily during each three days of MindSpark.
Round 1: 15 questions to be answered in 15 minutes using Google. 12 teams will be shortlisted to round 2.
Round 2: 10 questions to be answered in 10 minutes using Google. Top 3 teams will be awarded.
3) Teams are expected to maintain decorum. We reserve the right to disqualify any team found misbehaving.
4) In case of disputes the decision of event head and judges will be final and binding to all.
5) Structure and rules of event may be changed without prior intimation. Participants are requested to check the mind spark website regularly for updates.
6) Participants are requested to bring ID proof like college iCard with them and the registration receipt. No external equipment other than mentioned above and provided by organisers can be used.
7) The venue of the event will be informed to the participants accordingly.
*For other information please read FAQ and Download.
1) Can I participate individually?
Yes you can if you have registered and have the registeration receipt with you.
2) Can my partner be of some other college/ school ?
Yes, a team of max two members (whichever college/ school) are allowed.
3) Can I be a part of more than one team in the same event?
No, you cannot be in two teams for the same event.
4) What is the eligiblity criteria?
Students from second year, first year, 11th, 12th and schooling students are eligible. No constrain of branch. The only thing is you should know how to Google!
5) My team mate cannot come on the day of event, can i still participate ?
Yes you can if you have the registration receipt with you.
6) Which OS (operating system) will be used ?
Ubuntu 12.04. But you don’t have to bother about it.
7) Will there be negative marking ?
Yes, but only for the second round.
*To know more about the way of answering and other details please read Download and General Rules.
+91 94223 24868
Get the cog-wheels of your brain whirring…
Relate one science with another, and call in all those Pictionary skills, to solve the puzzles in a fun race against time.
Will you be the Fastest one to guess the Words?
1. Round 1 involves Pictionary. 1 player from each team must now use their handy pencils to illustrate 5 words from a single category via nothing but drawings, within a time-limit of 2.5 minutes.
Eg: beam, force, velocity, work , inertia.
2. Round 2 is a test of words. It’s Taboo with a twist! 1 card will be given to each of the 10 teams that qualify, and the 2 teams to guess the most words in the least amount time (or within 30 seconds, whichever is shorter) wins!
3. For the tie-breaker, the remaining teams each pick an impairment for the other and the first team to guess all the words via Pictionary wins! This is a test of trust and creativity, so put on your thinking caps and let your most creative artist draw!
1. During Pictionary, no words/letters will be spoken, written or mouthed, unless mentioned otherwise.
2. During Taboo, no indication via hand movements will be allowed.
3. The one person representing your team cannot be changed during a round. Each round, the representative must be changed.
4. Multiple teams from the same institution may participate, but no single individual may be in more than one team.
5. Teams must be of 3 students only and consisting of only First Year/Junior College (XI or XII)/High School (VIII, IX or X) students.
6. The above rules may change, so keep checking the website. The rules will be relayed again on the day of the event nonetheless.
Q. On what days of Mind Spark will each round be held?
A. All rounds occur on each day of Mind Spark. If, say, you participate in Round 1 on the 5th, then you may progress to Round 2 (and tie-breaker) on the 5th itself, by qualifying each round. The winners will be declared every day.
Q. Will the timings be adjustable?
A. No. Each participant participating in more than one event must draft out their own schedule. In the event of any discrepancies, the event-head must be contacted as early as possible.
Q. Will participants of the same competence compete against each other?
A. No. Participants of all competences will compete against each other. Teams too may consist of participants from more than one institute and more than one age-level.
Q. What is the cost of registration? Are on-the-spot registrations available?
A. The cost of registration is ₹ 50/- per team. For the time being, we don’t have on-the-spot registrations. Please visit the site again to check out the updated answer.
Q. My question isn’t listed here. How do I get an answer?
A. Call up the event-head for any discrepancies. The number is available on this page.
+91 83907 12040